There are four main parts to Parents As Teachers:
1) Home Visiting: A Parent Educator will come to your home to meet with you and your child. This person will help your family make goals and work with you to reach them. They can provide valuable tools and support for you to help you be your child’s first and best teacher.
2) Resource and Referral: Your Parent Educator will help you find and connect to other resources in your community to ensure you have all the support you need.
3) Group Connections: These are parent informational meetings or parent/child activities that are offered throughout the program year. Our newsletter provides detailed information on the free activities offerered and how to register for these events.
4) Screening: Parents are provided with two ways to have their child developmentally screened. Children ages 2 1/2 to 5 years can come into the PAT office to complete a DIAL-4 assessment. Children ages 3 months to 3 years can have their Parent Educator complete a developmental screening in their home during a home visit. A health, hearing and vision screen will also be completed.
What services are available?
No two families have the same needs, so services are different for every family. Some things we may be able to help with:
- Health and developmental screenings for children
- Invitation to parent group connections
- Parenting instruction with a trained Parent Educator
- Developmental, Nutrition and Community Information.
- Help in building a support system through community resources.
To learn more about our program & to enroll, contact :